The Melody Voice Care Centre, Hyderabad, A.P. India a division of SRI SATYA SAI CENTRE FOR VOICE DISORDERS is dedicated to the evaluation and treatment of clinical voice disorders and understanding of the process of voice production. The clinical and research voice laboratory provides a centre for evaluation and treatment for individuals with voice problems as well as a centre for original research in the areas of normal and abnormal voice production and treatment efficacy. In addition, the centre is dedicated to educating the public and related professionals in area of vocal health and management. It is the mission of the centre to
- provide effective and efficient patient care by computerised analysis and therapy
- Enhance the understanding of voice through meaningful research
- Share knowledge of voice through educational programs.
The institute has the best clinical voice laboratories in India to offer instrumental assesment as part of a comprehensive examination of voice disorders ranging from mild hoarseness caused by voice misuse to potential cancers, and one of the best centers in India for Phonosurgery or Voice Surgey for correction of voice disorders. The institute is one of the first clinical voice laboratories in India to offer instrumental assesment as part of a comprehensive examination of voice disorders ranging from mild hoarseness caused by voice misuse to potential cancers, and one of the best centers in India for Phonosurgery or Voice Surgey for correction of voice disorders.
THE VOICE TEAMThe Voice Team Consists of :-
01. Ear,Nose,Throat surgeon (Otolaryn gologist) specialised in voice surgery.
02. Voice pathologist or voice therapist.
03. Plastic surgeon. 04. Singing specialist or voice coach.
The evaluation of voice disorders is made by discussion among the voice team and decisions are made for the appropriate, medical, surgical or rehabilitation treatments.
THE INSTRUMENTATION Times change and alter needs. It is no longer adequate to simply listen to the patients voice and says "the voice sounds better". Today with the concept of accountability the objective voice measures not only provide unbiassed documentation of change but also provide information regarding the improvement of voice at --- pre and post treatment stages, that neither the eye not the ear is capable of discerning. The laryngeal function tests or objective voice measures consists of
01. Audio Voice recording.
02. Computerized acoustic voice Analysis. For factor such as hoarseness,pitch,loudness on a visual screen display. They measure, analyse and display, digital readouts of these factors.
03. Spectrographic voice analysis. Similar to finger prints are unique to each individuals. 04. Computerized aerodynamic analysis. for pulmonary function and voice assessment. 05. Laryngeal videostrobo/endoscopic analysis. The vibrations of the vocal cords are so rapid that they are invisible to the naked eye.Laryngeal videostroboscopy permits the examiner and also the patient to observe the movement and function of vocal cords in simulted slow motion on a color monitor.It also helps to check for stiffness or inappropriate closure or irregular movements of vocal folds. It also detects the vocal fold scars which are responsible for hoarse voice, with otherwise normal looking vocal cords.It also helps in the early dianosis of vocal cord malignancy or cancer.
The Melody Voice Care Centre concentrates in the mangement of both functional and organic voice problems.The centre is unique in providing very effective treatment by computeris.
Computerised voice analysis and therapy gives a ray of hope for professional voice users like Singers, Teachers, Politicians etc., It is the only centre in the state concentrating on Phonosurgery (Voice Surgery) for restoration of hoarse voice in vocal cord paralysis, spasmodic dysphonia and senile dysphonia. The various Phonosurgical techniques include Laryngeal injection techniques, Laryngoplasty, and Phonomicro Surgey.